Other Features and Benefits include:
- Designed for the ‘Serious Boater’.
-Keeps fishing lines and downrigger wires away from the propeller.
- Saves on operating costs.
-Increases the efficiency by keeping more “solid water” around the propeller.
- Provides better steering while running at slow speeds. Acts as a rudder when in reverse.
- Tighter turning radius and less sideslip.
- The patented design includes “pressure release ports”, designed to enhance the guard’s performance.
- Helps protect motor by deflecting debris in the water.
- Helps to protect the propeller from damage.
- Helps to protect the skeg from damage.
- All required mounting hardware is included.
-Stainless steel screws, washers and nylon locking nuts, & instructions.
- Easy to install.
- Not intended for human protection.
For additional protection see our Propeller Safety Guard
- Heavy duty stainless steel 10 & 11 gauge.
- Width 4″
- Stainless band that is electropolished
Check with your insurance company, an Adventure Marine Propeller Line Guard may qualify for an insurance premium reduction!
To choose the correct model, you MUST measure from under anti-cavitation plate to the bottom of the skeg, as shown by ‘Dimension A’ below.
To select guard size by propeller diameter only. NOT recommended.
Example: If this distance A measures 12″ exactly, the guard diameter that you should buy is 12″ guard diameter, model 91112-4, as shown in the table below. If you measure over 12″, 12-1/4″ then round up to the next size. In this case a 13″ guard, model 91213-4
How to choose a model, by measurement:
|Model||Guard Diameter||Propeller Diameter|
|90709-4||09″||7″ to 8″|
|90910-4||10″||8″ to 9″|
|91011-4||11″||9″ to 10″|
|91112-4||12″||10″ to 11″|
|91213-4||13″||11″ to 12″|
|91314-4||14″||12″ to 13″|
|91415-4||15″||13″ to 14″|
|91516-4||16″||14″ to 15″|
|91617-4||17″||15″ to 16″|
Recommended maximums for outboard motors:
|Model||Recommended Max. HP||Max. MPH||Max. K/Hr|
|90910-4 to 91415-4||120||40||64|
|91516-4 & 91617-4||200||30||48|